ELF is one of those brands that I was quite hesitant to try despite the many rave reviews it gets from beauty bloggers worldwide. See, my skin breaks out to rashes (and those little bumps also known as whiteheads) quite easily when I use products that contain parabens and the like. Even ELF's mineral line wasn't a hit with me. But after seeing swatches of ELF's studio blushes, I just had to have them. I was initially going to purchase all six shades of the blushes but when I realized how long it would take me to finish all the blushes I have (I have 25blushes, mostly mineral blushes), I narrowed down my choices to two. What did I decide on getting? Peachy Keen and Tickled Pink.
Click pictures to enlarge
The soft sheer texture blends into the skin for a silky finish. Designed to be worn alone or layered for more depth. Highlight your complexion with a subtle healthy glow!
Yay!
- Price. Prices of ELF products range from $1-$3. The studio blushes are sold at $3 a piece though I got mine at $6 from a local reseller.
- Color Variety. There's a lot of shades to choose from on the ELF website.
- Unscented. Though this isn't really a big deal, I prefer products to be fragrance-free
- Luminous glow. These two blushes that I have give me a natural luminous glow that I like.
- Packaging. The clear "window" on the front lets you identify the shade without having to look for its name at the back. The small mirror inside is also an added bonus.
- Travel friendly. With its size, it certainly won't occupy too much space if you plan to tote it along with you.
- Net Weight. I don't know 2.75g is a lot for you, but it certainly is for me!
Nay!
- Lasting Power. It lasts for about 4-5hours, after that, reapplication is needed.
- Color Payoff. Peachy Keen and Tickled Pink are not as pigmented as I expected them to be. The blush that comes in the blush&bronzer duo is much more pigmented than the studio blushes. If your skin color is darker than NC35, you'll probably be disappointed with the blushes.
I had to swipe my fingers on the pan more than thrice just to get the color to show.
Tid Bit:
Notice than Peachy Keen's swatch appears to have a more luminous glow compared to Tickled Pink's which looks semi-matte.
Notice than Peachy Keen's swatch appears to have a more luminous glow compared to Tickled Pink's which looks semi-matte.
- Skin Reaction. After using them for about 3weeks, I started noticing the appearance of whiteheads on my cheeks.
ELF's studio blushes are just OK for me. They're not too impressive but they didn't disappoint either. They're okay for everyday wear, especially if you're aiming for an au naturel look. For the evening, you might want to opt for something that gives off more color than glow. If you want color on your cheeks, this is not the product for you. But, if an ethereal glow with a hint of color is your thing, go ahead and grab one.




11 comments:
thanks for the review :)
I was thinking about getting a few of these :P
seriously u got white heads?ohhi just ordered and now im sure not gonna use it !
lol
They look so pretty. Too bad they aren't as pigmented as a lot of girls expected them to be. I got two completely different shades but I am still hoping the color payoff would be better. And the blushes causing whiteheads isn't cool.
Hi Kay! Go ahead and try it out. I guess it wouldn't hurt so much if you don't like it since it's only $3. Hehe.
Awww... I didn't mean to discourage anyone from using the blushes. My skin's just really sensitive. Well, you really won't know if it works for you until you try it.
Ah... I think the most pigmented ones of the bunch are Berry Merry and Blushing Rose. I was actually considering Blushing Rose but I was playing safe that time so I got Peachy Keen and Tickled Pink instead. Oh and yeah, the whiteheads bother me to death. I might have to go back to my mineral blushes.
Everyone keeps praising ELF stuff, me myself still have not tried anything from the brand. Maybe I should, as everyone, including you think it's ok. But then again, just ok is not really good right! I'd rather spend some more money and get myself real good stuff!
*loves*
I totally feel you. I'm not saying ELF is a so-so brand (in fact I love their mineral eyeshadow primer) but their products aren't really so impressive either.
ooo thanks for the review! yea I think I'm going to stay away now, I'd rather pay more for a product that I know is going to stay.
Im sorry they made you break out:( The color is very pretty though.
I was gonna order some of these! I love the colors but I've already had too many powder blushes already. I'm sorry they made you break out, that sucks.
Ah Becks, that is so true. I could have already gotten myself a blush from a department store brand had I bought all 6shades! Good thing I didn't!
That's so true Becky, they're really very pretty esp if your skin tone borders between light and medium light. If you're medium skinned or dark skinned, that's a completely different story. I guess I'll just have to pass them on to my mom.
You're not alone, Fifi. I think a lot of us bloggers have so much makeup to last us a lifetime. hehe.
Yeah, it sucks how it broke me out. But oh well, it's not the only product has outraged my skin. I'll post a review on that mystery product once I'm done with it.
Post a Comment