Sunday, October 25, 2009

Too Faced Glamour Revolution

As promised, here's my review on the Too Faced Glamour Revolution Kit.


I'm stoked and head over heels in love with my
Too Faced Glamour Revolution Kit from the artsy-fartsy packaging down to everything inside it. Look how gorgeous the front cover is! This makeup kit is love! Okay, let me breathe first. I'm getting too excited.

This amazing kit opens up like a book with a pull-out mirror on one side, while on the other side are 3 lipglosses, 1blush, 1bronzer, and three pocket cards that give you clever ways to use the eyeshadows housed in this kit.


The nine gorgeously pigmented eyeshadows and the mini eyeshadow insurance are contained in the slide drawer on the side of the book. Whoever designed this kit is a genius!


There goes the slide drawer!

Here are swatches of the nine eyeshadows. See how gorgeous they are? They're so pigmented even without a base! Can you imagine how beautiful they'd look on your lids when foiled? Oh, double the gorgeousness!
From L-R (I tried my best to describe them for you)
Neptune - shimmery teal
Party Girl - grape purple with blue glitter
Dirt Bag - glittery deep brown
(perfect for the crease)
Glamazon - shimmery pinkish-purple (very pretty!)
London Calling - taupey-gold with loads of chunky glitter (not too fond of this one. its glitters are way too chunky)
Label Whore - reddish brown with fine green glitter (my favorite of all!)
Boy Toy - shimmery pale rose pink
(another pretty shade)
George & Weezie - shimmery milky light gold (this one's lovely. I can see myself using this a lot)
Milk Chocolate - matte chocolate brown

Here's the blush and bronzer. The blush is a very pretty bubble gum pink with fine shimmer. It shows up well on most skin tones I've tried it on. Definitely a winner!

The bronzer is perfect as an overall color, but not so much as a contour shade unless you're fair skinned.


I don't have swatches of the lip glosses since they really don't have much color in them. I don't think there's any difference when compared to each other. All three glosses look pretty much the same when swatched on my arm and on my lips. I'm honestly not too fond of these. They smell delicious, but I find them a little too tacky. Maybe it's just me. Others who bought this same kit didn't complain much about these glosses except for the fact that they're not pigmented. Maybe my standards are too high? Good thing they last a pretty decent amount of time on my lips. I you want more color, you can just simply top your lipstick with any of the three glosses.

All in all, I think this is a good all-in-one kit to have and to carry around in your luggage. I won't recommend you to tote this with you everyday since the book itself is rather huge and bulky, but it's ideal for traveling. It houses everything you'll ever need on a trip. If there's anything else that you need that this kit can't provide
(you can't have everything, ya know), that would be a complete brush set and you're good to go. With this kit, every penny is money well spent.

If there's anything else about this kit that you want me to write about, tell me in the comments section.

Have a great week ladies!


5 comments:

Maui (Suushh) said...

Oh that looks really pretty! I want! hehe

Tish said...

It is pretty, Maui! Go get one!

Becks said...

oooo I love TFSI hehehe, that purple looks soooo pretty

Unknown said...

*drools*

>.<;;

Lauren said...

Where did you buy this??? I want! The colors look soooo pigmented, plus I'm a huge sucker for shimmery shadows.