Well, here's a review on a product that's loved (our dear Eki loves this) by many (It got an average rating of 8.5 on Total Beauty) and well, hated by others. This was actually requested by Nikki ages ago but I never got to write a review on it until now. Nikki, I'm sorry this took so long.
What the website says:
The cleverly designed applicator of Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Liner allows you to create delicately thin or dramatically bold lines with precision. Fragrance-free formula that lasts up to 8hours.
- All day wears up to 8hours
- Fragrance free
- Ophthalmologist tested
- Suitable for sensitive eyes and for contact lens wearers
- Price (this goes for about $7.50 at Ulta and $8.50 at drugstore.com. I'm not sure how much you can get this at CVS, Walmart, Rite Aid or Target)
- The applicator. Okay, I have to be honest, it's really no trick lining your eyes with a felt tip applicator, and for that, I have to give L'Oreal a bit of credit.
- The packaging. Its sleek and slender tube makes it easy to slip into your purse (and get lost in your purse).
- Shelf life. I'm really not sure if I should call it that, but I noticed that it doesn't dry up too quickly (in the tube) compared to some other other liquid liners (and even mascaras). FYI: I've had mine for more than 6months, and I have barely used it (definitely not more than 5times) and don't plan to anymore.
What I don't like about the product
- The formula. It's just too liquid-y for me.
- Color payoff. It's not as intense as I want my liner to be.
- Lasting power. Seriously, it disappears in like, uhhh... 5minutes?
- Finish. It dries into a very flat and dull looking black ink. The finish reminds me of how your fingers would look like after pressing it on on a stamp pad (the ink on your fingers may even look better than this product would on your lids).
- Scented. Okay, to be fair, all the liquid liners I've tried have that strong kinda chemical smell to it. Well, it shouldn't really bother you since you're not putting the product anywhere near your nostrils.
- It takes forever to dry. (See photos below)
- It smudges, runs and flakes. In other words, it easily rubs off. (See photos below)
- Not available locally
No, never and I'm glad I didn't pay for this.
My Verdict
It's definitely not worth any penny. Seriously, I've tried products that are way way cheaper than this particular one and those cheap-o's performed so much better than this product does. I've used Fashion21, Nichido and 4U2, and all of them stayed put on my lids the whole time I had them on until I decided to take my makeup off. Now I'm not saying that this is an awful product altogether; what I'm saying is, it did not work for me like it did for others. If you want to give it a shot, go purchase it (although it's not available locally) and see how it performs on you. Who knows? You might like it.
So there goes my review on the L'Oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Liner. Hope you guys learned a thing or two about it.

3 comments:
Nice review! I would have bought this since I heard how good it was! But I will stick to my gel liner now:)
Hi Tish, thanks for dropping by my blog.
Yeah, God is good. I am still in a state of shock up to this day. We lost 2 employees here at work. Both of them victims of the landslides. I hope everyone recovers soon though.
Have a nice day Tish. *hugs*
I know what you mean, Shelly. I was really disappointed with this one.
Post a Comment