After waiting for so many months, I finally have my grubby hands on this palette, the Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette. Well, I've had this with me since the end of September but wasn't able to play with it enough until recently.
top: no flashbottom: with flash
If you will notice in a lot of my FOTDs/EOTDs, I lean towards more browns and bronze-y hues because these colors look very flattering on all skin tones. So if you have an inexplicable love affair with browns and bronze-y hues like I do, this palette is for you. It has a great selection of eyeshadows that will surely suit your skin tone, whether you be warm or cool-skinned. Now you can boldly wear silver eye makeup the way Kim Kardashian does!
Yay!
- Price. 88 gorgeously pigmented eyeshadows for $25? That's a steal, baby!
- Color Variety. With 88 colors to mix and match, you'll surely never run out of ideas for your eye makeup.
- Variety of finishes. This palette has everything from matte, to satin, to shimmery to glittery.
- Color Payoff. The eyeshadows in this palette have a very gorgeous pigmentation with or without a primer or an eyeshadow base. Not convinced? See the swatches below.

Pretty, aren't they? All colors were swatched dry, without a base.
- Pan Size.
- Staying Power. I have to say, impressive. The colors did not fade nor crease on my eyes for an entire 12hours.
- Compact. A palette as thin as Macbook Air can surely fit in your purse.
Nay!
- Too many highlight shades.
- Fragile. Both the case and the eyeshadows can easily break. In fact, if you click on the palette's photos above, you can easily tell that one of the eyeshadows broke in transit and was restored upon arrival. Curious to know which one it is? Go to the third row from the bottom, then count five to the right.
- Texture. Some eyeshadows are a bit too powdery.
My Verdict
I say, go grab yourself one if you're looking for colors to suit your warm skin tone or if you simply want to expand your makeup collection. This is also great for a novice who tends to gravitate more toward plums and browns/bronzes which almost always go well with most skin tones. With this very versatile palette, you can do neutral everyday makeup and bridal makeup and even create dramatic smokey eyes. All that for only 25bucks.
So what do you think, yay or nay?

3 comments:
thanks for the review on this! I've been debating about about it too =P Your review helped a lot!
thanks for the swatches, you'll never fail with these colors available! all are useful for daily use!!!!
@Purple Strawberry: Oh you should get this! I am more satisfied with this than my color palette.
You're welcome, Nikki. Yup! The colors are very very versatile!
Post a Comment