Wednesday, August 26, 2009

FOTD: Smokey Blues + Big Wavy Hair

While I was doing my makeup this morning, I realized that I've been unintentionally doing smokey eye looks since Monday. I initially thought of recreating and adding a twist to the smokey white/silver/black combo that I did on Monday, but I changed my mind and decided to play with other colors. I didn't take pictures of my FOTD on Monday coz I was in a rush when I did it. Besides, I don't think it turned out quite well. On Tuesday, I did a smokey purple look to match the dress that I wore to work. I know smokey eyes are for a night out, but because I don't work in a very conservative environment despite being a manager, I have a lot of freedom to do whatever I want with my eyes. Nobody says nothing about my eyes. I even get compliments on how I do them!

For this particular look, I used Cosmo, a metallic navy blue pigment, on the outer corner and crease. Cosmo is one of the mineral pigments I got from Bare Naturals. It's a very pretty shade that's perfect in doing smokey eyes. Then I used a royal blue shade from my 96palette and applied it on the center of my lids leaving the inner 1/3 of my eyes. I also blended the royal blue shade to Cosmo while packing the color on my lid. For the inner corner, I used a matte grayish/lilac-ky eyeshadow from the Covergirl Quad in Urban Basics. Blend all the colors together. After blending, I patted a bit of a silver eyeshadow just on the ball of my eyes. Then I used a black eyeshadow from my NYX Trio Eyeshadow in Ceramic to deepen the crease and outer V. To soften the edges, I applied a pale blue shade just above the crease. For highlight, I used a pale peach shade from the 96palette. (I pretty much use the same stuff on my face all the time, except that I opted for a different shade and formulation for my foundation today. Also, I put a bit of a pinky-peach blush just for a little more color)

And here's the final look! (I posted a lot of pictures)

Taken without flash by the window. I look so freaking pale.


As for my hair, I'm been getting really bored with it coz it's just too straight. I've tried curling it twice or thrice in the past two weeks, but my hair would straighten out in less than 30minutes, even with hairspray. I'm so frustrated and pissed coz I can't seem to do anything with my hair. Straight hair is fine if I want to look prim and polished, but it's not all the time that I want to look like an innocent young girl. Sometimes I want my hair messy and curly just because it makes me feel sexier; but messing my hair requires more effort on my part so I usually just leave my hair straight as it is on days when I don't feel like stressing out myself. On my last attempt of curling my hair, I did a really tight french braid before crashing last night, and loosed it right before I left for work. My hair looked amazing for the first half hour, and then... bam! Straight hair again. I think I really will have my hair permed pretty soon. The beloved has been telling me to have my hair permed since I started complaining on how stubborn my hair is that it won't let me do anything to it.

Anyway, here are the photos!

I took off my braids and, voila! Instant big hair a la Victoria's Secret!

I was simply camwhoring

This one's blurry coz my hands were shaking.

My favorite shot of all. I could totally use this as a profile photo.

The question is, to perm or not to perm? What do you think ladies?


23 comments:

Dana Yoshimizu said...

Your photos are fabulous as always~! & I love the wavy hair.

And I say go for the perm! ^__^ My girl friend got one a litt while ago & it looks great. The wavy hair looks great, so I'm sure a perm would suite you

Tish said...

Ahhh!!! You're the first to comment, hun! I so loved my wavy hair but too bad, the waves didn't last too long :( It was gone the moment I arrived in the office.

I really don't know what's keeping me from having my hair permed. I know I could totally rock it, but I guess, a part of me is worried that I'd damage my hair if I have it chemically treated :( On the side note though, I am so considering having my permed!!! hehe

Anonymous said...

i love ur FOTD! u look gorgeous!

i have really natural straight hair too so when i curl them i usually spray xtra hold hair spray before and after the curling and it lasted pretty long.

Tish said...

Thanks Meii! I've tried that trick before but it didn't work :( Hairsprays weigh down my curls. Though it could just be the hairsprays that we have here in the Philippines. It's too bad we don't have that much options here.

AskMeWhats said...

you are so pretty and the blue works so well on you! the big hair looks so hot and sexy!

Bernadette Villanueva said...

As much as I love my hair big & wavy, I also can't bring myself to perm it...maybe because I want it curled only on special occasions, for normal days, my natural straight, or big wavy version can do the trick =)

Love your eyes btw! =)

Unknown said...

wow girl, you look so gorgeous here. i love smokey eyes on you. your hair looks really nice volumized and curly. i love it :)

*~kAy~* said...

wow such great volume!!!! so sexy! <3
i love your hair!!! <3
very pretty makeup look too :)

Abby said...

you are soo lucky that you could wear whatver on your eyes for work. I cannot, since I am still a student. hehe. anyway, Gosh, those curls look gorgeous on you. It lok natural since it is from a braid, and u didn't use curling iron for it. I sooo envy you, my hair is also very straight. I am getting bored with it.

Definitely, my vote is for you to have it permed! it loks so sexy. but even if you dont' perm your hair, you still look beautiful =)

Tish said...

@Nikki: I absolutely agree with you! That's exactly the reason why I've been thinking of having my hair permed. I wouldn't if my hair would only cooperate with me when I try to curl it, but heck, I waste hours trying to get it to look messy.

@Neurochiq: I know what you mean. That's one of the things that's keeping me from having my hair permed. I love my straight hair, but at times when I want to look and feel "sexier," I want my hair big and curly/wavy. Unfortunately, my hair just never wants to work with me :(

@Becky: I love smokey eyes, too, but my mother doesn't! hahaha. I really love my hair big and curly, I wish there was a way I can curl my hair successfully without having to go to the salon. The curls/waves always start fading in 30minutes :(

@Kay: Hmmm... I think everyone's loving my big hair. Ahhhh... I wish my hair were always like that. Thanks for dropping by Kay!

@Abby: I guess I could do the same in school; I just never did (I barely wore makeup back then). Nobody in UP cares how and what you look like so you can pretty much dress yourself however you wish. I remember, I used to go to my classes in stilettos. haha!

My beloved's so bent on getting my hair permed. I guess I should give in, eh?

Camille Santos said...

i like your hair straight sis ^_^

Tish said...

Ayyyyyyyy... You're the only one who prefers straight hair over big curly/wavy hair. Hehe. I'm still thinking about it anyway... Thanks Sis!

Bijin Blair said...

Oh wow girly, you look gorgeous!!!

Tish said...

Thanks Blair!!! :)

A View from the Edge said...

For a change, have your hair permed. You've been wearing your hair straight for 20-something years, right? So I guess it wouldn't hurt if you try getting your hair permed =)

Anonymous said...

hi hun how are you :) you look very sexy here i love curly on you and blue e/s i love it :D it reminds me of victoria hair of twilight :D you are blessed with thick and natural straight hair :D ako i need to undergo rebonding pa waaah :C .

sis bout my shimmery smokey walnut what i did was I put black gel liner first on my lid not passing to browbone gel liner for some reason helps my e/s stick better and stay longer and since i wanted smokey look black gel intensify and darken the walnut undertone.. then after putting the gel liner I go ahead and put nyx walnut on the lid then I grab kinda brown copper pigment that i got from whit i put on my crease and blend it well with walnut..to my browbone I put kinda vanilla or offwhite e/s :) .to lower lashline i put nyx walnut then black e/s to outer part of underneath lower lashline..on tearducts careline shimmery e/s vanilla and finishing up with liquid eyeliner on top upper lashline and gel liner on waterline.curled it and mascara or falsies whoala we're done hehe..its like layering sis first walnut on lid then un pigment sa crease tapos sa e/s browbone..dear I hope you understand tell me if you are confuse ha? hehe .. take care mwah

Tara Cabullo said...

I think permed hair would look great on you :)

I had my hair permed almost 3 years ago and I maintained it that way coz I don't have it to style as much as it's perfectly fine the way it is :) Goodluck if you do ever decide to go for the perm! :)

Eugenia said...

very pretty curls :)

Tish said...

@A View From the Edge: I'm really considering having my hair permed. However, since I'm a little bit scared, I'll ask a few people how their hair has been after treatment. Thanks for the suggestion dear!

@Louie: Wow! That was one long comment dear! Thanks for the detailed tut! I'll definitely try it someday.

@Teeyah: Oh Teeyah! Been reading your blog endlessly... Hmmm... Didn't the treatment damage your hair? I'm curious...

@Eugenia: Thank you dear!

LoLLa said...

i can't do it, this hair style's very difficult for me bec my straight hair brrrr :( heey u'r very beautiful :)
loves

Tish said...

Awww... I have the same problem too. My hair would curl for about 15-20minutes, but after that, the curls go away. Thanks for the sweet comment,dear!

Tara Cabullo said...

Yes, it did but I just can't go back to straight hair :( So I've been having treatments here and there :D

Tish said...

Oh Gee. Now I'm scared. Even more. Thanks Teeyah! I'll have to carefully reconsider this.