Friday, August 14, 2009

Lippy-ya-yo: NYX Lipstick Collection

I hope you girls are having a blast this weekend. Mine was great, albeit tiring with all the walking I did on uneven pavement with my Steve Madden heels. I should probably get a back up of it, or maybe get the brown one. Ugh. I wish they had it in red. Unfortunately, the SA told me that they have only three colors for that particular style: black, brown and yellow. Yellow?! What was Steve Madden thinking?! I would have forgiven him if it were mustard yellow. But no, they were sunshine yellow! Oh well. I guess I'll have to scour Aldo, Nine West and some other shoe stores down here for that perfect red heels. Or... I could ask my beloved to get them for me in the States. Ohhhh... If only my feet weren't too small. They give me a hell of hard time looking for shoes in American shoe outlets. If anyone knows where I could find sexy yet comfortable heels for my 5.5 size feet (by the way, I'm a stiletto lover. I'm just not a fan of chunky heels. I think my feet look funny in them), kindly leave your suggestions in the comment box. Thank you girls in advance!

Moving on.

I'm done with my AVON lipstick collection; but here's another one for all you lipstick lovers out there. I'll have another one coming in a few days, so you dolls watch out for it.

Here's my favorite lipstick brand with some of my favorite shades. I'm still gonna be purchasing a few more lippies (and eyeshadows!) from NYX in the next few weeks or so, and of course, I'll be sharing them with you as well. Since color swatches on the NYX website and Cherry Culture are so far from the actual, I hope ya'll find this post helpful whether or not you're planning on purchasing from NYX. I've swatched Tea Rose, B52 and Rea in a previous post, so if you want to see how those colors would look on the lips, click here. You can also read my two cents worth on NYX lippies when you click the link.

Thalia: An MLBB shade for those with muted pink lips. It's perfect to wear on casual days.
Perfect: Here's another MLBB shade. It's in the same color family as B52, only paler. It's a good muted pinky-brown shade that should suit all skin tones.
Femme: A bright coral shade that amps up your look. I wore this last night and it gave me that awake look. Love it!
Snow White: The perfect red lipstick for me! This makes me look like a million dollars! I'm so glad I have this in my stash.

You'll never go wrong with NYX lipsticks. If you don't like the shade that you got, it wouldn't hurt so much coz it's just $3.50!

Enjoy the swatches dolls! (just excuse the messy application. haha!)

NYX Round Lipstick
in Thalia

Thalia on lips

NYX Round Lipstick in Perfect

Perfect on lips

NYX Round Lipstick in Femme

Femme on lips

NYX Round Lipstick in Snow White

Snow White on lips

From L to R: Tea Rose, Thalia, Perfect, Femme, Snow White, Rea, B52

From L to R: Rea, B52, Tea Rose, Femme, Thalia, Perfect, Snow White,



13 comments:

Unknown said...

i have smaller feet than you. im a size 5. its difficult for me to find shoes. sometimes i score on macys or nine west.

i love nyx lipiies too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for these swatches. I am about to go on a massive nyx lippy haul and these are very helpful.

XxX

Lyndsay

PS loving snow white!!!

amynaree said...

nyx lippies are so pretty! i need to get me some..thanks for the swatches!

Golden said...

I too love NYX lippies. Where do you buy yours sis? Thanks

I love yellow shoes. *grin* I think it looks good if your pair it with a bright-colored summer dress.

Tish said...

@Becky: I actually can fit my feet in a 5 or 6. A 5 is usually just right, a 6 is a bit too big. It's really hard to find half sizes. I guess my beloved will have to do the shopping for me when he goes back home to LA in September. haha

@Lyndsay: Ohhh... Perfect timing! I will be going on another NYX lippie haul soon. Gee... I should stop looking at the NYX website! I feel like purchasing every color on the lipstick and eyeshadow pages. :(

@Amynaree: You're welcome dear! NYX lippies are amazing. And surprisingly, Snow White lasted on my lips for about 5 hours before I decided to take it off. In that 5hours, I had dinner and ice cream. Isn't it amazing?! haha

@Golden: Oh dear, I order my NYX stuff from Christine of Beautystop, so the waiting time's usually 3 to 4 weeks. I don't really mind coz I already have a lot of colors to choose from.

Ahhh... I'm not fond of yellow. And I use my heels to work, so I think I'll look funny wearing bright yellow heels in the office. hehe

donnarence said...

hi tish,, perfect and thalia looks a lot alike even when worn?? thanks

Tish said...

Hi Donna! As I see it, Thalia and Perfect look very similar at first glance, but if you examine the two colors closely, you'll see that Thalia is slight more pink than Perfect which has more brown to it. But these two colors do resemble each other quite well :)

Tali said...

I really want to try femme! You make it look so good and wearable!

Tish said...

Oh Tali, Femme is actually a very wearable color. It looks shocking and scary in photos, but it truly livens up your face which is what I love about it. It's totally perfect to wear on days when you don't feel at your best.

Dana Yoshimizu said...

Woah, what beautiful lips you've got yourself ;D haha, nice swatches~! I think out of all of my NYX lippies, Thalia is my favorite :)

Tish said...

Hmmm... It's gonna be tough to pick one among the NYX lippies that I have. I practically love everything. But I have to agree with you that Thalia is such a pretty and wearable color just as Perfect, B52 and Tea Rose are. But Snow White is my new favorite. It may be a little too shocking, but I love how sexy it can make one feel and look.

Maui (Suushh) said...

Thanks for the swatches. dying to get my hands on some haha.

Tish said...

Oh Maui you should! NYX products are oh so amazing, I have yet to be disappointed.