Friday, August 7, 2009

TAGGED! 10th Photo!

Happy Friday everyone! I'm pretty sure all of you guys can't wait till today is over. Although I don't have anything planned for the weekend, I can't wait for it to come so I could spend some quality time with my bed and pillows.

But before that...

I was TAGGED by Em of Beauty Inside and Out.

So the rules of the picture tag:

►Open your first photo folder
►Scroll down to the 10th photo.
►Post that photo and story on your blog.
►Tag five others (or more) friends to do the same.

This is the tenth photo in my first photo folder

Art's Art

This was one of the paintings that my friend Art included in his Davao exhibit last year. I paid him a visit that time (Lunar New Year) in his house in Makati to interview him for a very important paper that I was writing then. He showed me all the paintings that he'll be shipping to Davao and the other ones that he had done in the past. He even gave me a very beautiful painting for free. It wasn't framed yet when I took it, but I really didn't care. I was just in love with the painting. It was kind of gloomy but it spoke to me in ways I can't explain. Before I left, he took some photos of me for my portrait that he would be painting. I haven't seen it yet, but I hope to see myself in a painting one day. I wish my beloved could do that for me (he's an artist too!).

To those who are wondering what bird that is in the painting, that's the head of the Philippine Eagle, also called Haribon. It's the largest living eagle and is endemic to the Philippines. Sadly, this eagle is critically endangered at this point.

I tag these amazing and beautiful ladies

Dana of My Simple Randomness
Becky of Embrace Your Imperfections
Charry of Eyecandy
Louie of I'm Uber Feminine
Donna of My Lucid Intervals
Becks of Hedonist
Sugar of Sweet Sugar
Mary of Beauty Savvy
Golden of Golden's Diary
BoldThiamere of On Beauty Stuff and What Else's

Hoping to see your 10th photo ladies!



7 comments:

Golden said...

Thanks for the tag sis!

The eagle on your friend's painting looks live. Galing!

Jem said...

thanks for the tag,girl

i wish im as good as how your friend paints...

Tish said...

Hi Golden! Yup! I actually like how he did the eagle in this painting and in the others, too. He used to be an impressionist but he's going back to his traditional roots. hehe

Hi Thiamere! He's really good! It probably doesn't show much in this painting, but if you see his abstract paintings, you'll like them. Some famous personalities have some of his paintings. He also has had exhibits in other countries. Gahh... If only I pursued my painting! Well, I probably still won't be as good as he is.

Sugar said...

Hi, hun! Thanks for the tag:)) will definitely do it soon! Have a nice day <3

Tish said...

Can't wait to see yours dear!

Anonymous said...

lol oo nga no sorry tish. i missed this post . sometimes blog roll acting retarded anyway girly thnx for tagging me , the painting is really impressive parang totoo :). your friend really an artist

Tish said...

Haha! It's okay Louie. Didn't get to leave you a message on the chatboard coz I was so tired already :)