Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas Party EOTD and Some Snippets

I love to dress up and I'm sure every girl does. This is perhaps the main reason why, despite being a (self-confessed) party pooper, I still attend parties. Contrary to what people think of parties --- the perfect time to get drunk and go crazy --- parties are the perfect occasion to dress up and wear flashy makeup. So what do I do in parties? Sit in one corner and look pretty. I kid you not. I'm the one of the most boring people on this planet. Even my beloved agrees with me.

Putting all that aside, I actually just wanted to show you my makeup on our company's Christmas party. It wasn't a big production like what we had the other year, but it was still okay. What do you expect a party pooper to say?

So below is a shot of my eyes, which I cropped from the only [half]decent solo picture that I had that night. This was taken a good 3hours after I applied my makeup so it was still pretty fresh. Actually, my makeup looked fresh even until after the party. I'd love to show you a closed-eye shot so you'd get a better picture of how my eye makeup looks, but unfortunately, I don't have any. My beloved and I (yes, he's always invit
ed to our company's Christmas parties) didn't have any spare time to take some shots before going to the party. Bummer.

I used quite a handful of products for my makeup that day but I'm not sure if I remember everything (my memory isn't all that sharp at my age).


For my eyes, I used UDPP, Urban Decay eyeshadows in Flipside, Misdemeanor, Half Baked and Perversion, 96 Color Palette (2 green shades), my trusty ol' waterproof liquid eyeliner from Fashion21 (cheap-o, but performs really well), an eye pencil in green from Maybelline, falsies from The Face Shop and my trusty L'oreal mascaras.

My EOTD

And here are the snippets!

I felt like I was Kim K. haha!

A very awkward pose

My first photo of the night

Just before passing the crown and scepter to Toni (not a very good shot, though)

Camwhoring with Toni (doesn't she remind you a little bit of Sandara Park?)

Sporting an afro

Towards the end of the night. My makeup still looks pretty fresh, eh?

Do you love to party? Oh, I think I know the answer!


11 comments:

Kay said...

find it hard to believe that u are a party pooper(like u say u are).. you are very sociable here in the blog world.. :)

love the vibrant eyes btw.. 3rd group pic is my fave.. very queenly.. hehe.. :)

AskMeWhats said...

awww you look like you're having loads of fun! definitely NOT a party pooper :)

Tish said...

I'm trying so hard to work on it, but ugh. Dunno. I feel hopeless.

Thanks, Kay. I actually loved our photos that night. They were so much better than two years ago. My beloved had everything set up --- lights, soft boxes and all that.

Tish said...

Haha, Nikki! That's just because the photos I have up there are my "happy moments." My beloved caught me making faces that night. hehe

CHARRY said...

I like your dress Tish, bagay na bagay sayo. and love the hair!

Unknown said...

you...a party pooper?? lol it doesnt look like it.

As always look beautiful and i really like what you did with your makeup.

Tish said...

Thanks, Charry! I love the dress, too, especially the color. But that's actually a little too revealing. I had to tie a scrap of lace around my chest area so my boobs to make an appearance. haha!

My curls were pretty for a time, and then they straightened out :((

Seems like everyone finds that hard to believe. Ah, you'll see, one day. Thanks for the sweet comment, Becky. I was happy with how my makeup turned out as well :) Happy New Year

♥Pauchichi♥ said...

you are soo pretty!!! :) luv the look you wore on your party!!

Tish said...

Thanks, Pau! I used the hot tools curler that I got from you. It worked well but I need a good hairspray. Thank you!

♥ Nehs ♥ said...

i SOOOOO love your eye makeup!

Tish said...

Thank you, Nehs!