Onto something else.
A month ago, my friend Ynez asked me if I can do her hair and makeup for a wedding that she will be attending on the 28th. Well, that big day was yesterday.
Apart from shopping for foundations and other stuff for the last couple of weeks, I had no other preparation for my date with Ynez yesterday. I did not brainstorm on hairstyles that could work on her hair and face. I did not look at and study updo's or anything. I didn't think about how I'd be making her over. My reason? I was clueless. The last time I did someone's makeup for a wedding was... 5years ago? Well, I did the bride's makeup then; Ynez is just the maid of honor (she'll be a bride in August!). But even then, I still had no clue what to do her for her eye makeup.
A few days before the wedding, I asked Ynez what the motif of the wedding is and when she said it was orange, I told myself, "I'm not going to match her eye makeup to her gown;" and I didn't. I wish you could see her eye makeup better. Sadly, the colors don't show up well. I should've taken her photos under natural light not under florescent light. Oh well.
Trivia: Ynez is actually 28, but she looks so much like a kid.
List of products used on Ynez
MUFE HD Powder
Revlon Custom Creations Foundation in Light Medium #5
Revlon Colorstay Active Foundation in Light Medium
Everyday Minerals Original Glo Foundation in Golden Medium (used to set her foundation)
Skinfood Dark Circle Concealer Cream #2
Skinfood Dark Circle Powder
Ellana Minerals Concealer in Smile
Bare Naturals Mineral Blush in Prettiest Pinky Peach
ELF Studio Blush in Peachy Keen
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder
UDPP
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sellout (for inner corners)
Milani Powder Eyeshadow in Almondine (for highlight)
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Gel Liner in Brown
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Corrupt (for lower lashline)
The Face Shop False Eyelashes XN
Maybelline Unstoppable Shiny Black Mascara
L'Oreal Clean Definition Telescopic Mascara
The Face Shop Fresh Lipbalm PK 101
Nichido Lipliner in Natural
NYX Round Lipstick in Perfect
Clear Gloss


4 comments:
wow! you could be a makeup artist na!
happy new year to you tish!!!!
Maybe I should go to makeup school, eh? Thank you for appreciating my work.
Happy new year, Jing!
Success! <3
She looks beautiful! <3
Thank you, Kay!
Post a Comment