Thursday, December 24, 2009

FOTD: Twice Baked Mushroom


Happy holidays everyone! 


Since I just finished cooking, I thought I'd share with you the look that I wore today. It's not a holiday look, though. It's just one of those many looks I wear to work. Yes, I had to work today until about 2 in the afternoon.


There's nothing special about this look except that, well, I'm trying out a new foundation from Revlon. To be honest, I'm too scared to try anything other than mineral make up (especially for my foundation) but I have to admit that I love the finish that liquid foundation gives. After trying out a sample of Revlon Colorstay Foundation Active which I got as a freebie when I purchased the sexy sequined top from Charry, I decided to try out other foundation variants from Revlon since they're slashing 20% off selected items.  I thought of purchasing that liquid mineral makeup foundation from Maybelline, but since the reviews were kind of blah, I scratched it off my list. Well, the good news is, I haven't broken out since trying Revlon foundations (could it be because I dusted off a light layer of mineral foundation on my face prior to applying traditional makeup?). I love mineral make up but it's frustrating how powdery it makes my skin look and how quickly it melts off of my face. As of this writing, I have three foundation variants from Revlon, and two from Covergirl (which I never use on myself since I broke out in less than hour after application). I'll try my best to write reviews on these foundation variants given enough time. 


Anyway, if you're wondering why this look is called Twice Baked Mushroom, it's simply because Twice Baked and Mushroom were the only eyeshadows that I used for this look, with the exception of Almondine, which I have been favoring lately as my highlight shade. And yes, I used my gel liner from Maybelline (review to follow)to line my upper lashline and Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Binge blended with an eye pencil from Prestige called Graphite (I can't remember which eye pencil it is).

On my face I'm wearing Revlon Custom Creations Foundation (I will be using this foundation to do a friend's makeup for a wedding that she will be attending) in Light Medium.




 
On my lips I'm wearing NYX Round Lipstick in Perfect topped with Maybelline Shine Seduction Glossy Lipcolor in Mauve Whisper.  





And that's it! Happy holidays!