Saturday, June 6, 2009

Lippy-ya-yo: NYX Round Lipsticks

I know the title is a bit lame. It’s just that my plain self couldn’t think of something more fun and catchy than this; and since I am pretty boring myself and I’m really not that creative with my writing, I’ll just stick to my pathetic title.


As you might have guessed, this post is going to be about lipsticks, though I’m not much of a lipstick junkie. I hate how some lipsticks give my lips a slight burning sensation and also tend to make them dry even with a lip balm underneath. Besides, I used to lick my lips a lot; so wearing lipsticks on a typical day would require me to control the urge to lick the color off my puckers. Since I really barely cared much about how I look, I would just usually lick my lips to keep them hydrated. At times, I even bite them. Well, I thought I was hydrating my lips by licking them. It turns out, I was wrong. Licking your lips will actually dry them out even more as our saliva contains saline!


Fast forward to the present.


Having someone to look good for and being a manager have made me spend a wee more time on myself. If I used to wear only translucent powder (plus concealer for my dark under eyes), I now pretty much leave my house with a full on make up that never looks over the top. In fact, I recently have not gone out of my house without a lip gloss or lipstick on my puckers.


Now that I’m getting quite addicted to collecting make up (note: I use all that I purchase), I’m starting to expand my lipstick collection aside from my blush and mascara collections. With that, I purchased three round lipsticks from NYX, a very popular brand in the US that's pretty much comparable to MAC. A lot of ladies are in love with these babies; did I fall in love with them, too? Keep scrolling to find out.


Now I present a part of my NYX haul.

From L-R: Tea Rose, Rea, B52


NYX Round Lipstick in Tea Rose


NYX Round Lipstick in Tea Rose swatched on hand


NYX Round Lipstick in Tea Rose on lips


NYX Round Lipstick in Rea


NYX Round Lipstick in Rea swatched on hand


NYX Round Lipstick in Rea on lips


NYX Round Lipstick in B52


NYX Round Lipstick in B52 on lips


What I love about them:

· They’re so amazingly creamy. They glide on my lips like butter.

· They’re moisturizing

· The color pay-off is great

· The ingenious packaging is cool (I’m referring to the bottom part of the lipstick where you see what lippie’s shade is without having to open it or read the label)

· The wide color selection makes my jaw drop and my mind go on a frenzy, in a good way (I get giddy when I’m on NYX’s website. I feel like wanting to put everything in my cart. Haha!)

· They got no annoying scent (they actually have no scent at all), unlike some lipsticks.

· The price cannot be beaten. For the quality you get with every item purchased, it’s really absolutely comparable to MAC.


What I hate about them:

· Lasting power is average, and I don’t mind at all. Like most regular lipsticks (not the colorstay ones), NYX lippies come off after eating, although not entirely.

· None else.


Will I repurchase?

I’m thinking of getting a back up of Rea and some other shades from this particular line. In fact, I’m eyeing Circe (unfortunately, it’s always out of stock), Iris, Hello, Echo, Metes, Celene, Hermes, Ceto, Honey, Cream, Tea, Vitamin, Java, Frappucino, Twist, Fig, Orange Soda, and Snow White. Whew! So, I guess that’s a yes, eh?


What's your favorite NYX round lipstick?



16 comments:

donnarence said...

tea rose looks so nice.. where did you order nnyx?? b52 looks sooo natural.. they really look creamy...

Tish said...

Hi Donna. They really are that creamy. And yes, B52 looks so natural. It's actually MLBB shade. It's perfect for an everyday. Well, they all are.

I ordered these and some eyeshadow trios from a multiply seller. It's actually some kind of pre-order thingy. I placed an order early May, and got my package around 3 weeks later. Not bad. The multiply site is http://beautystop.multiply.com. :)

Sassy J'adore said...

The tea rose lipstick is pretty. I'm a big fan of pinks.

One of my favorite NYX lip color is Narcissus. =) I like bright pink shades lipstick when I don't wear much on the eye. I either play up my eyes or a bright pink lipstick will do for me. =)

AskMeWhats said...

My favorite NYX Round lippie is Georgia, is pinkish and it looks great on almost everyone :)

Love the lipsticks on you!

Tish said...

@Sassy Jadore: You're absolutely right. Tea Rose is a very nice semi-nude pink shade that softens up any look esp when paired with dramatic eyes.

I saw Narcissus on the site but had second thoughts about it. Maybe you could post a pic of yourself wearing it and if I like it, I'll get snag myself one. Haha! TIA!

Tish said...

@Nikki! Hey there Nikki! I haven't been able to leave you comments on your site. Been sooooo busy lately. Anyway, your blog is the first one that I read every morning. It's like a pick-me-up for me. Haha!

Hmmm... Georgia looks too bright I'm scared I'll look funny with it on my puckers. Maybe once I've mustered enough courage to wear bright lippies, then I might just reconsider Georgia. Thanks Nikki!

Rita said...

oh i love the colours.
specially i think tea rose its relly cute and it looks good on your lips :)

Tish said...

@Rita: Thank you dear. I like that color too. You're very sweet to drop by my blog :)

Crystal said...

so much lemmings! i'd love to try nyx though.

Tish said...

@Crystal: Oh, you should. You definitely should. I can now understand why NYX is being compared to MAC. If you don't want to spend an arm and a leg on MAC stuff, go for NYX. There may be a slight difference or so, but NYX is definitely at par with MAC.

Unknown said...

you got all my fav colors from their round lipsticks :) Soo pretty!

Tish said...

@Becky: Wow! We have the same favorites... but I'm lemming for more! Haha! In fact, I'm placing my next order in a couple of hours. hehe

Dana Yoshimizu said...

I love NYX round lippies. Thalia is my FAVORITE!

Tish said...

@Dana: I love NYX Round lippies too! I need more! Haha. I'll get Thalia next! Thanks, Dana.

meowskitty07 said...

I like the REA shade. That is the just the lippy color that I am looking for! thanks! btw i'll follow your blog :) hope u can follow mine too

Tish said...

@meowskitty07: You should grab yourself a NYX Round Lippie in Rea. It's really perfect!