I know a lot of Filipinas who would do everything just to look like Caucasians; and while I find nothing extremely wrong or bad about it, I just wish that we would also learn to love our own skin. Whites love our healthy glow so much that they sometimes tend to overdose on tanning products and bronzers (think Donatella Versace, Lauren Conrad, etc) just to achieve the same look. On the other hand, we Filipinas indulge in all the whitening products available in the market just to look ghostly pale, because we think that we'd be prettier if we were fairer. That's where we are wrong. Looking good doesn't depend on your skin color but on how clear your skin is, which is the result of how well you take care of your skin.
Below are two of my recent shots. first photo: Bronzed; second photo: ghostly pale

I like me more in the first picture. Hmmm... I should get a nice tan now while I can.
On a side note, I received my first blog award from Parisky of XOXO Parisky. Thank you dearie!

The Adorable Blog Award Rules:
-Include the award logo in your blog or post.
-Nominate as many blogs which you like.
-Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
-Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
-Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award
I'm passing this award to the following ladies:
1. Donnarence of My Lucid Intervals
2. Nikki of Askmewhats
3. Crystal of Musical Fan Loves Minerals
4. Nikki of Not Just Minerals
5. Dana of My Simple Randomness
6. Martha of the Beauty Junkie
7. Kim of The Beauty Addict
10 comments:
thank you tish,, aww.. i love your 2nd pic more.. i have always dreamed of becoming fair skinned.. thanks to the notion that we have been accustomed to "maganda ang maputi.. "hihi
THank you so much for the award hun~! <3
& I agree with you, you look better with a tan :)
I like you in both pics because you look just georgeus either way. I could never understand why someone with such lovely bronzed skin wants to be "white" though. I have very fair skin and I never even get tanned no matter what I do. I would love to get a tan at least in the summertime. but all I get is heavy sunburns if I am not careful.
You look pretty in both pics, heehee.:)
I just want to comment though that while I agree we should love our own skin, not all Filipinas who use whitening products do it because they want to look Caucasian. Some people just think it suits their features better, just like you think you look better tanned.:) Also, not all Filipinas were born beautifully morena. I'm a Filipina but I have Chinese blood, so I was really fair to begin with. After I got a tan last summer I realized it didn't really suit me so I'm now *trying* to use whitening products to bring back my original color and fade my tan lines.:) I also try to use whitening products on my face because of my post-acne marks.>.<
Like you, I do believe that every woman is beautiful regardless of age, race and color.:)
wow you're soo pretty!!
@Donnarence: Thank you dear! Yup, that's true. That's the advantage of being fair-skinned.
@Dana: Yes, I love me with a tan. I think I'm getting some color now. Haha!
@Wuschel: It's so easy to get a tan in the Philippines. Walk in the sun in 15minutes, and you're sure to get a little color.
If you want a tan, try mixing a little bit of sunscreen with your sun tanning lotion and some oils before you soak up the sun. I read this on a blog somewhere. The gal swears by it. I'll have to try it myself to see if it'll do just fine, though.
@Soapaholic: I used to do that. I have to admit I have some whitening lotions which I used to use to even out my skin tone or to bring my original color back.
@Pop Champagne: Thank you. I love your photos. They don't look overdone.
u look gorgeous! &.i agree u look better in tan
@Meii: Yes, I think so too. Thanks for dropping by!
Hey pretty lady! thanks so much for the award! i just saw this. :) thanks a lot! good thing i browsed your blog. :)
Post a Comment