I love Japanese Food, and I have been craving for it for weeks until... I went to Red Kimono last Friday right before going to work.
Red Kimono is a relatively new Japanese restaurant that serves modern Japanese cuisine with branches at the Atrium of SM Megamall and at SM Hypermart in Ortigas, Pasig. I’m not quite sure if they have any branches elsewhere since I frequent the one at SM Hypermart the most.
Things I love about Red Kimono:
• It’s accessible. Because I work in Ortigas Center, I find this branch at SM Hypermart very much accessible as I pass by it every time I go to work.
• What you see is what you get. The actual food served looks exactly like the photos on the menu.
• Quality and taste. The food not only looks good, it tastes divine. It’s not all about presentation at Red Kimono.
• Excellent customer service. The waiters and the staff are very friendly.
• The price is fine. I don’t think Red Kimono overprices its dishes regardless if some rolls are over two hundred pesos (roughly over $4). Their sushi platter is around Php400+ (about $8-$9). Their kani salad (my favourite!) is Php150 ($3).
Here are the photos of what I had:
Kani Salad is a mixture of shredded cucumber, ripe mango, shredded crabsticks, roe (fish egg), topped with Japanese mayonnaise.
This is one of Red Kimono's special rolls. It's maki rolled with mango, avocado and salmon wrapped in crabsticks.
This one's kinda Mexican in some way because of the Jalapeno that's added to spice up this roll. But what I love about it is how the cream cheese balances the tangy flavor given by the jalapeno so it's not too hot for my taste. Just like Red Dragon, Hot Sholl roll also has some avocado and tuna inside it.
No, this is not part of the menu. This goes with some special rolls to perhaps balance the taste. I'm not a fan of it though. I prefer the typical soy sauce&wasabi mix for my Japanese dining.

3 comments:
I've tried the buffet at Red Kimono once and loved loved loved it :)
I love Red kimono too! :) Yum!!!
@Kim: I haven't tried the buffet yet coz I don't eat that much. I actually shared these with the beloved.
@Nikki: I also love Red Kimono. If not Red Kimono, I go for Sumo Sam.
Post a Comment