Thursday, May 14, 2009
Annyeong-ha seyo!
A few hours ago, one of my first few students at English11 messaged me on Skype. She wanted to know if she would see me this July as she sets foot on the shores of my (our) beloved country along with her son. I told her that I can always make time for her, despite my ludicrous working hours at work. As the conversation went on, she asked me if there's anything I'd like her to bring for me. I paused for a moment and thought, "this is just the perfect time to try other Korean cosmetic and skin care brands." Then again, I didn't want to give her a $500 shopping list of the things I've been meaning to try (and purchase). So I told her, "surprise me." But to give her an idea of the things I like, I told her "I'm in love with Korean cosmetics but we have The Face Shop and Skin Food here in the country." Then she squealed. She said she'll bring me a ton of Korean cosmetics this July. I am so friggin' excited! We talked about Missha, Hera Homme, Etude and Etude House, Innisfree, The Face Shop, Skin Food, and so on. I should've mentioned Laneige, Castledew, Clio, Banilla, Vidi Vici and VOV. I was beaming with excitement and anticipation until I closed the office. It was kind of funny, really. My teachers noticed how my eyes sparkled as I sat behind my desk. Little did they know that I was clicking away on the internet, searching the web for Korean cosmetics. Boy are there a lot of Korean cosmetic brands! I just wish I could try them all. As for now, I can't wait for Julia to arrive. I sure will be dreaming about this as I snooze tonight. Good night lovelies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment