One of the important things that I neglect is sunscreen. I know just how harmful the sun’s rays can be to our skin and health but I always skip putting some on my face for two simple reasons: 1. a lot of moisturizers are sticky, greasy and feel heavy on the skin; 2. the heat in the Philippines makes wearing sunscreen (or any moisturizer) much worse. But with the summer months getting much hotter, I figured I should start wearing sunscreen. Since I didn’t know what brand I should get for my sunscreen, I headed to the nearest Watson’s to check what they had on the shelves. There were tons of the dual purpose moisturizers, err... the whiteners with SPF and some other plain ‘ol sunscreen. What did I get?
Product Blurb:
Active UV Cell Protection
The effective NIVEA SUN UVA/UVB filter system and free radical scavenger protect the deeper layers of skin cells against sunburn and premature skin ageing and help reduce the risk of sun allergies.
Active NIVEA Care
The caring and non-sticky formula absorbs quickly and provides long-lasting moisture for smooth and supple skin. Vitamin E helps to protect the skins cells against free radicals. Water resistant.
What I love about it:
· It has high SPF --- SPF 50
· It’s non-sticky
· It absorbs quickly into the skin
· It doesn’t feel heavy on the skin
· It’s non-greasy
· It’s sweat proof
· It didn’t irritate my sensitive skin
What I hate about it:
· Since it dries too quickly, you have to spread the product the moment it touches your skin. If you don’t, you will have to squeeze more of the product to spread on to your skin.
The Final Verdict:
Nivea Sun Face Sun Block Moisturizing Cream with SPF50 is a good sunscreen for its price (if I remember correctly, it’s somewhere between Php250-350 or $5-7) considering that it’s neither sticky nor greasy.
I said that it’s “sweat proof” because even though I sweat barrels every time I walk under the heat of the sun to hail a cab to get to work, I never feel like I have something on my face. I love that it never feels heavy, greasy or sticky even when I sweat.
Will I purchase again:
Maybe. No matter how good this sunscreen feels on my skin, I’m still too lazy to add another step to my daily doll-me-up-time. I think the only reason I wear it every day is because I don’t want to get a tan. Silly, I know.
2 comments:
Nivea makes really good sunscreen, thanks for this review :)
Hi Nikki. Yup, this sunscreen is good. Thanks for dropping by. :)
Post a Comment