Sunday, April 5, 2009

In the Spotlight: L'Oreal Voluminous

When it comes to mascaras, I’m not so much for lengthening as my lashes are long enough on their own. What I always look for are thickening and volumizing mascaras as my lashes are thin and somewhat sparse. And so since I got addicted and obsessed with my lashes, I began purchasing mascaras week after week. I also asked the beloved to get me some of my most coveted mascaras in the US which unfortunately, are not sold in the Philippines. As of the moment, I have about 12mascaras with me; some have been opened and used, while others remain closed and sealed.

A few months ago, I posted a showdown on two lengthening mascaras, the L’Oreal Telescopic Clean Definition Mascara and Maybelline Unstoppable Shiny Jet Black Mascara. I love them both, although I prefer the Maybelline Unstoppable Mascara over L’Oreal Telescopic most of the time. However, these are both lengthening mascaras. And so I bought Maybelline Volume Express Waterproof Mascara and Max Factor 2000 Calorie Straight Brush Mascara. I haven’t tried using Maybelline Volume Express, because I fell in love the first time I coated my lashes with Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara. Since then, I have been loyal to Max Factor... Until the beloved handed me my now HG mascara --- L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara. Nothing else beats it.


What I love about it:
• It volumizes and thickens my lashes by around %80
• Not only does it thicken and volumize, it also lengthens my lashes!

• It holds the curl
• It doesn’t smudge nor flake even after sleeping with it


What I hate about it:
• It’s not waterproof.
• It runs if you cry.
• Removing it is a mess. It’s like splattering your eyes with black
ink.
• It’s not available in the Philippines.


The Final Verdict:
I would look at no other mascara from now on. This is definitely the holy of holy grail mascaras; if only I could pick this up here in the country.

But wait, what’s a review without pictures, right?


See? My lashes are pretty long, thank God. (Click to enlarge)

This is how my lashes are now. Pretty aren't they? (Click to enlarge)

4 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

wow you've got long lashes!

Tish said...

Hehe. Thanks Nikki, and thanks to good genes.

Crystal said...

i'd like to try this, but i'm hoping for one that doesn't run when i cry.

Tish said...

Hi Crystal. Well, if you don't cry hard, it won't run. I cried a bit today while wearing this one on both my upper and lower lashes. I was honestly worried about looking like a panda after; but when I looked in the mirror, I was pretty surprised not to see any black ink anywhere. I didn't even smudge or flake. So yeah, as long as you don't cry buckets, I think you're pretty safe with it. Hope this helps. :)