I might go on a short hiatus as I need to wrap up a few things here and there, but before I do so, I thought to write a brief update on what's been going on. Well, I have been doing a bit of hauling here and there. Okay, I admit, I've been on retail therapy for the longest time in history, and while I love looking at and playing with the new addi(c)tions to my collection, I have to admit that at certain times, I feel guilty spending what I work hard for the way that I have for the past month. You remember what Rebecca Bloomwood told Luke Brandon after her secret had been found out and been aired on national television?; the statement, "When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better; but then it's not, and I need to do it again" --- this is exactly how I feel when I shop. I resort to retail therapy for comfort and enjoyment because of the stress I get from work and the other aspects of my life. Yes, I feel excited when I choose the items I'm gonna be purchasing and when I receive the parcel at my desk at work, but paying for them doesn't excite me even the slightest bit. I certainly don't spend that much on cosmetics, clothes or even jewelry compared to how other girls do, but at the rate I am going with my retail therapy, I feel like I've spent more than I should. Now I feel as if I am a slave to my job just so I have something to spend on my wants. Well, aside from taking a break from blogging, I'm also gonna take a break from shopping for a while, and will be saving up once again for my future, not for future purchases. Once I get the three brush sets that I ordered recently, some new NYX stuff and other mineral make up, I'm going to have to control the urge to spend. Besides, my list of pending products to review just keeps getting longer with all my purchases. I'm not going to post an entry showing my haul coz it's really a lot and I don't mean to show off to the world what I have been spending my hard earned cash on. I'm just going to write a review or take swatch photos of my stuff, hopefully if time permits. Gee... sometimes I wish I had more than 24hours packed in my suitcase. If it were so, I would be able to accomplish more than what I usually do.
Anyway, this would have to suffice for now as I have to get back to finishing up my reports and doing some other stuff.
Until my next post, tata!

16 comments:
hey girl~
Who doesn't like to spend and shop? I know I do, yet I've been shopping less lately.
It's hard to keep up with bloggers updates at times and I feel like I can fall behind in just a day. lol.
awww...
the last time that i hauled was my online shopping & im pretty sure to not go shopping for quite sometime...
money really burns a hole in my pocket..
>_<
but now i haven't bought anything...which i think is pretty good..
im getting the hang of self control & i really do need to exercise it
goodluck and stay stress free! :) Will be here when you're ready to post again!
Haha! That's so true. I've really been shopping so much. It's like when I see something on the net that I like, I contact the seller and pay the next day. Good thing here is that I get the items 24hours after payment.
hello tish :)
i think retail-shop addiction is only a phase.
i know that "you" or "us" will definitely pass this kind of phase.
but, i always believe that "old addiction" can be replaced with "new addiction" !!! maybe a cooking blog will do?
@Nikki: That I'll have to do. It's so hard not to be stressed with all that goes around us. I love blogging and I wish I can do it more often, like you :)
@Thiamere: Oh my... I feel like you. I really have done a lot of shopping lately. Organic products, mineral make up, brushes, and other stuff. I even went to the Eastwood Bazaar. My... I feel like I've been bad (and hard) on my pocket lately. But, I already made my last purchase. That will be it until I don't know when. Haha!
@Girl with Glasses: I know it will pass, but when I visit some websites, I get so tempted that I can't control the urge not to purchase anything. When I was told that I have to reach $40 when ordering at Cherry Culture to avail of the free shipping, I made it a point that my orders will go beyond $40. I'm that crazy.
Actually, I do have another blog. It's supposed to contain my thoughts and experiences as a young manager but I really can't keep up:( I wish I could, but I can't. Either way, I won't be shutting it down. Thanks for the advise!
wow i totally understand what you're writing! good luck & hope things get better on the stress issues. :D i need to stop hauling so much too. :D cos i feel so guilty. :p
Hi Aichaku! It's so hard to control the urge to shop. Everytime I see some good reviews on makeups, especially eye shadows, I get so tempted to place an order. But this week will be my last shopping week. Gotta start saving up again.
stress is so horrible which I hate it soo much but I also like it... hmm. oh NYX haul? I'm waiting for my NYX too ;]
I'm waiting for my NYX too!
Hi ning! Stress causes me to shop to death and to take comfort in ice cream.
Oohhhh!!! I wanna see your NYX haul! I got a lot. My first haul is coming this Friday! I can't wait!
Hi Tish,
You know, I just did a post on "hauling" and my similar habit that just seems to be getting worse.
Like you, I love to look at stuff in person or online, but my heart drops when I have to pay up and realize that all the stuff I got "on sale" weren't so cheap after all.
I think we live in such a consumerist society wherein instant gratification rules. We buy to make ourselves feel better; we buy when we're in a good mood; we buy when we're curious; we buy when we're bored; we buy to prove ourselves to god knows who. It also DOES NOT help to have credit cards. We fool ourselves into thinking that we have money. I have heard a friend say, on the topic of credit card limits, that she she still had $--- left over to use for shopping.
Is that not sad or what?
Enough with the rambling..
Good luck with everything and I sincerely wish you all the best :D
Hey girl,
Congrats!!! =)
Please e-mail me your name, e-mail address and which prize you like to SassyJadoreLuv@gmail.com
<3
oh boy rebecca bloom's quote applies on me too! even today, i just came home from the city. i bought 2x chocolates, 1 foundation, 1 pair of lenses and no clothes for once. but i feel guilty bcos im not saving much haha:( and thnks for ur cm ! x
@Beauty Savvy: I cannot agree with you more.
At the moment, I think I'm doing quite okay. The temptation is there, and the urge to "add to cart" and click away is bothering; but since my last purchase, I really haven't bought anything yet.
@heartofpearl: That's a good change! Congratulations. We'll get used to it, too, for sure. It feels good not to be spending on too much vanity. After all, we gotta be practical. ;)
Post a Comment