Friday, July 17, 2009

FOTD: Break of Dawn

Hi everyone! It's been raining here in the Philippines for the past few days thanks to typhoon Isang. I love the rain and I wish I could just stay home and curl up in bed coz after all, I have not recovered from the flu and asthma that hit me over the past weekend. Yup. I caught the flu virus last Friday and was sick up until Wednesday. It's the worst flu that I have ever had in my entire life. I'm not sure if it's a(h1n1) or what used to be swine flu, but one thing's for sure, it was a different strain of flu virus that hit me. And as if hitting 40degrees on the thermometer wasn't enough, I had an asthma attack on Sunday night, which I kept a secret until my sister found out about it on Tuesday. On top of everything, my heart has been going ballistic on me since Friday last week. I told my sister to just admit me in the hospital but she didn't want to. Since she's a doctor, she just confined me in my room for four days and gave me medication and very frequent sponge baths to lower down my body temperature. She also gave me new medication for my heart coz the one that my cardiologist gave me didn't work. After one week, I can't say that I've already fully recovered from everything. I am only better, not well. I need a bit more time to be able to look the picture of health. I wish I could have rested the whole week, but our other manager wanted me to go back to work on Wednesday. I heard from our employees that that person can't do my job properly. Haha!

Anyway, below are a couple of photos I snapped yesterday. Yes, I wore blue eyeshadow to work and I didn't care at all. We're not really too strict on what people regard as "office appropriate look" as long as we come to work in corporate clothes. I know you guys will tell me that I don't look sick at all in the photos, but I was and still sick, that's why I try to play up my eyes to look better.

I can't remember all that I used on my face but I'll try to list down the products that I think I used.

If you're wondering why I called the FOTD "Break of Dawn," it's because fringes of these colors come to play during the break of dawn. I love sky shots, especially sunset and sunrise ones. The colors are just truly amazing.



On Face
Human Heart Nature Royal Jelly Day Lotion (moisturizer)
S5 Skin Perfecting Primer
Silica Powder (MUFE HD Powder dupe)
Purederm BB Cream
Fashion21 Concealer in Almond
Joppa Minerals Simple Radiance Mineral Foundation in Nutmeg
Bare Naturals Illumiglow Setting Powder in Sunshine
Milea Minerals Bronzer
VMV lip&cheek tint

On Eyes
UDPP
Coastal Scents 96Color Palette (a navy shade on the lids, some kinda rusty shade above the crease, a plumy shade on the crease)
NYX Trio Eyeshadows in Ceramic (used the black one to define the crease a bit)
Fashion21 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Ever Bilena Pencil Eyeliner in Black
Purminerals Triple Impact Mascara


On Lips
Venus and Mars Lip Detox
VMV Lip&Cheek Tint


Anyway, that's about it for me guys. Hope you like this one.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful look! I love it!

Tish said...

Hi Catanya! Thank you for the lovely comment!

Golden said...

You look like a doll sis.

Tish said...

Ayyy!!! Your comment surprised me sis! Me, doll? I wish! You're soooo sweet!!

Eclecticldy said...

hi..i'm new to your blog. such a beautiful look... the colors look amazing on you :) glad you are feeling better.

Tish said...

Hi Eclecticldy! I hope I spelled that right. hehe. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving such a sweet comment. I'm feeling better now, although I'm still suffering from asthma and headaches every now and then which could probably be because of my heart or the flu virus that caught me. Thank you for the concern!