Sunday, June 28, 2009

First Contest Entry: Playful Summer Look

I'm really not one to enter contests not because I think it's nonsense, but because I lack the time and creativity to attempt to do a look. But while struggling with Vance, I snatched a couple of hours to do this look for Sassy Jadore's Summer Look Contest. Yes, it's my first time to join a contest. If you wanna join too, you gotta hurry up as Tuesday is the last day for submission of entries.

Bright colors come to mind whenever I hear the word "summer." Fuschia, bright yellows, greens, oranges, blues, and other bright colors are what we see around us during the summer. These bright colors represent the lovely and fragrant flowers that bloom during these sunny months.

Even though a nude-bronzey look is what most people would usually wear in summer,
others play with bright and colorful colors, which is exactly what I did in this particular look. Yellows, fuschia, orange, bright green, teal, purple and some red are what I used to achieve this look. Luscious pink lips and glowy cheeks topped with intensifying false eyelashes (big lashes are the trend in summer, and practically the whole year round!) to complete this playful-sexy summer look inspired by the colors of summer (see photo).

Ze Inspiration
















Products Used:

Products Used:
Bare Naturals S5 Skin Perfecting Primer
Purederm BB Cream
Silica Powder
Fashion21 Concealer in Almond
Ellana Mineral Concealer in Smile
Milea Mineral Foundation in Beige
Milea Mineral Bronzer
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Coastal Scents 96 color palette
Bare Naturals Pigments in Stiletto, Dizzy, Jet Setter, Celebration, Splash and Tealy Eyed
Nichido Liquid Eyeliner
Ever Bilena Black Eyeliner Pencil

Prestige White Eyeliner
Bare Naturals Dollface Cheenee Blush
ELF Intensifying Lashes
NYX Round Lipstick in Tea Rose
Amuse Brow Powder
L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara
Venus and Mars Lip Detox


That's just about it! Hope you guys like it!


12 comments:

Beauty Savvy said...

I love your eyes here!!

And I can't see your entire outfit, but the colour of your skirt is impossibly pretty.

Tish said...

Hi Beauty Savvy! I was barefoot when I took these shots with my trusty old Sony cybershot cam. So the tube top and tie-dyed skirt plus the wood necklace with shells and the ginormous flower make up the whole outfit.

I'm really not sure if the colors show through as the flash was kinda overpowering. I should've done this during the day and not at night. Regardless, I like how my eyes turned out with all the colors put around 'em. And I must say, the green contacts helped.

Jem said...

awww
so pretty!
i like how light but summery your eye makeup is

goodluck,hun!
^_^

Tish said...

Thanks Thiamere!

twinsouls888 said...

nice tish, really pretty pics ^_^

Tish said...

Thanks Twinsouls :)

Anastacia said...

Tish! You looks gorgeous!
I like it so much!
This look really remind me summer!
Good luck in the contest!

Tish said...

Thanks Anastacia!

Beauty Savvy said...

I agree with you on the whole flash dilemma. I really don't like it myself. It washes EVERYTHING out for me!
I couldn't tell that you shot these at night.

Tish said...

Ah... I always feel like I need to get a new camera because I just hate the flash. I always find myself asking what camera people use for their pictures. I have two, but neither of them take good pictures under low light conditions.

*~kAy~* said...

Just dropped by to say hi :)
Congratulations on winning Tish!!! <3
You look so beautiful :)

Tish said...

Hi Kay! Thanks for dropping by! Congratulations to you, too, and to all the girls. We were all awesome :)