Bioré has been around for many years although I have always associated its name with pore strips. Although Bioré is not all about pore strips, it is the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear the name Bioré.
Flashback: When I was a little girl, perhaps more than a decade ago, my dad used to stock up on a lot of pore strips. I remember stepping on our toilet seats just to reach those boxes of pore strips my dad used to keep on our bathroom’s top shelf. As a little girl, I was curious about what pore strips were and what they can do for me. I even tried them on myself once, and regretted putting it on as I felt that warm tingling sensation. After that incident, I never bothered myself with my dad’s pore strips again. I also developed this disbelief on the effectiveness of pore strips which I carry until the present.
Fast Forward: After more than a decade, I came across this brand once again in a friend’s bathroom. It was déjà vu. Quickly, I reached for the tube and read the label. It was a Bioré Pore Minimizing Facial Wash. With my curiosity growing, I flipped the lid open, squeezed a pea sized amount and slathered it on my skin. It felt good that time I tried it. No warm tingling sensation or anything like it. It felt cool on my skin. It removed my make-up well without leaving my skin dry.
What the label says:
Take your pores to the cleaners. Bioré Pore Minimizing Facial Wash’s mild pH-neutral formula with natural extracts and skin smoothing microbeads gently exfoliates and removes dirt, oil and makeup. Visibly refines pores and leaves skin silky smooth and soft.
Why I like it:
I love how the skin-smoothing microbeads gently remove my make-up and all the grime and gunk on my skin without stripping off my skin’s natural moisture. It also has that cool cucumber scent that smells so clean. I love it to pieces that I’m already on my second tube of Bioré’s Pore Minimizing Facial Wash.
What disappoints me:
First of all, I’m not quite sure if Bioré Pore Minimizing Facial Wash really lives up to its claims of refining pores as I have not seen any improvement in the size of my pores around the nose area. It does, however, make my skin smooth, soft and clean. Second, I have to ask someone to purchase this for me in the US since it is not locally available.
The Final Verdict:
All in all, I think this Bioré Pore Minimizing Facial Wash would make a good go-to facial scrub even for those with sensitive skin.
-Tish-
No comments:
Post a Comment